CALL US NOW: 01234 26 30 30
GW Villa Rentals
1. To make a booking, the person named on the Booking Form as the Lead Party (the ‘Client’) warrants that he/she has the authority to accept and does accept on behalf of the party the terms of these Booking Conditions. Any person staying in the property not detailed on the Booking Form will have no contract with GW Villa Rentals Limited (the ‘Company’).
2. The Company is a holiday letting agency and does not accept responsibility for the quality or condition of property advertised. The Company may not have inspected the property offered. In the unlikely event that a Client wishes to complain about any aspect of their holiday, the Client should contact the local property management company, representative or agent responsible for the property immediately, in order to try and resolve the matter on the spot. If the matter cannot be resolved satisfactorily, the Client should submit their complaint in writing to the local property management company, representative or agent. The Company cannot consider complaints that were not raised during the holiday, in accordance with the above.
3. When making a booking, the Company requires a deposit; you will be informed of the amount. The deposit payment is normally taken by card payment over the phone. A 2% surcharge applies to Credit Cards. The balance of the rental payment must be paid at least 10 weeks before the Client’s departure date, as detailed on his/her Booking Form. If the balance is not paid in time, the Company is entitled to treat the booking as cancelled and retain the deposit or make an extra charge of £30. Should a Client cheque fail to clear, the Client will be subject to a charge of £30. The total amount payable includes a sum due to the property management company for the cleaning, laundry and servicing of the property.
4. The Client remains liable for the full cost of any repairs or replacements required due to accidental or negligent breakage, loss, damage or abuse of the property. The Client must notify any breakage, loss, damage or abuse to the local property management company, representative or agent immediately. When the property is left unattended, all doors and shutters should be secured and locked.
5. The Company does not accept responsibility for construction or maintenance work occurring within the vicinity of the property. Where the Company is made aware of any such work, which might adversely affect the Client’s holiday, the Company will endeavour to inform the Client in advance. Construction and maintenance work is subject to local laws and practices and can commence at any time, and is beyond the control of the Company.
6. Except in exceptional circumstances, it is not possible for the Client to change a booking. If an alteration is permitted by the Company, reasonable administration charges may apply, in addition to forfeiture of the original deposit.
7. The booking, or part of it, may be cancelled at any time by the Lead Party. The Company will accept notification in writing, which will be effective from the actual date of receipt. Cancellation costs will apply in accordance with the following:
7.1.1 Where effective notice is received more than 10 weeks prior to departure, the deposit only is forfeit;
7.1.2 Where effective notice is received less than 10 weeks prior to departure, a cancellation charge of 100% of the outstanding balance will apply.
8. The Company reserves the right, in exceptional circumstances, to vary or cancel the booking arrangements. In the event of a variation, the Company reserves the right to substitute alternative accommodation of a similar standard. Should the Client subsequently wish to cancel his/her booking, normal cancellation costs may apply. Where the booking is cancelled, the Client will be offered an alternative booking of similar standard or a refund of all monies paid to date, upon the Company’s receipt of these monies from the local property management company, representative or agent.
9. The Company shall not be liable for any loss, damage or expense and shall not be obliged to make any refund, in the event of variation or cancellation caused by force majeure circumstances including (without limitation) war or threat of war, riots, terrorist activity, civil strife, strikes or other industrial action, natural disasters, fire, technical problems with transportation, airport closures, quarantine, epidemics, adverse weather conditions, government action or other events reasonably beyond the control of the Company.
10. It is an absolute requirement of booking that each and every person staying in the property is covered by adequate travel insurance. It is the Client’s responsibility to ensure that all members of his/her party have insurance which is adequate and appropriate for their particular needs. The Client is responsible for the provision of necessary valid documentation for his/her, and every member of his/her party’s, travel abroad and health requirements.
11. Stays after 10am on departure day, or by anyone who does not have the Company’s consent, may be charged to the Client.
12. The Company’s liability in any action (excluding that for death, personal injury or illness) is limited to the monies due to the Company from the local property management company, representative or agent. The Company does not accept responsibility for any consequential or indirect losses. The Client is responsible for the safety of those using a swimming pool, if there is one for use at the property, at all times.
13. Whilst the Company has made every effort to ensure that information provided to the Client or any member of his/her party prior to the holiday is accurate and correct, the Company cannot be held responsible for omissions, inaccuracies or subsequent alterations, unless due to its negligence. The Company will only be bound by representations made or confirmed in writing.
14. All communications by the Company to the Client shall be sent (postal or electronic) to the last address notified by the Client to the Company and shall be deemed received by the Client on the 2nd working day after posting or on the day of despatch in the case of electronic communication. Communications sent by the Client will be deemed received only if actually received by the Company. The Company will not be liable for any delay or failure of delivery of any communication sent to the Client.
15. If any part of these Booking Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable, then the remainder of these Booking Conditions will not be affected and will remain valid and enforceable.
16. This Agreement is governed by English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
17. The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to this Agreement.